Mirific Minetest Game
I developed variety of Mods for the Minetest Platform. Including a specialized Artificial Intelligencre Bot. I began working on a specific game made for Minetest.
Minetest is a clone similar to Minecraft which is editable and fully programable in Lua. Meaning that anyone can create their own modules, addons and games.
NPC Artificial Intelligence system
Designed a few characters and made a NPC system with a basic Artificial Intelligence.
The system follows a procedurally generated world. Which means that new NPC's spawn randomly and they're not "fixed" to any place as in other games.
This allows interaction and for each new game or map to be unique.
- NPC Dialogs with random stories and a flow to give experience
- NPC Jobs - Each NPC has a job assigned and provides unique. I;ve added almost 30 jobs.
- Quests - Between various NPC
- Channel system so that players can join and chat on multiple places
- Item handling
- Trading system based on Job, Quests
- NPC Logic. Move. Follow Orders. Do job.
I had to learn the Lua programming language for this. I found it pretty easy considering my experience with much more difficult programming languages such as Elixir, Erlang.
Variety of other Mods and Technology
A variet yof other addons which enhance the game such as the ability to construct a "computer" from various parts
Want a game built in Minetest but you have no programming experience? Want a server hosted? I can build it for you!
Let's work together!
A demo can be provided upon request with code.
Technologies used: Lua, Gimp